For your reading pleasure, 25 (interesting? that’s debatable!) things about me. Rules? Must be food/eating/cooking/fitness (ha!) related. Let’s go:
1. My first real job was as a Sandwich Artist at Subway.
2. I hate meatballs.
3. And sweaty cheese.
4. When I was in 3rd grade I played summer soccer. I hated it so much that I faked being sick for every practice.
5. My favorite Ben and Jerry’s flavor is Phish Food.
6. My husband’s and my first date was at Applebee’s in St. Cloud, MN. I ordered a chicken ceasar salad, and he had some sandwich with a side of onion peels. (I thought onion peels were a bad choice for a first date.)
7. When I was in 8th grade we were required to swim a mile. I couldn’t finish during the class period so I had to stay late after school to finish it.
8. Thus, I’m not a fan of lap swimming, but I love recreational swimming. Especially if it’s in a bathwater-warm turquoise ocean in a tropical locale.
9. I’ve eaten paella in Valencia, gelato in Florence, and soda bread in Dingle.
10. When I was about five, I took my pink Schwinn on a ride down our (downward sloping) driveway, failed to apply the brakes, and went flying across the road, landing in a heap in the ditch on the other side.
11. Tony Oliva once ripped a five dollar bill out of my hands as I was waiting in line at the kettle corn stand outside the Metrodome. (He gave it back with a wink.)
12. I prefer tea over coffee.
13. But I do like a good latte. Or a cafe con leche.
14. Once at an outdoor cafe in Toledo, Espana, my blogging partner and I stole other patrons’ used bread off their table after they left.
15. I have a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, but I never use it.
16. Sometimes I like to eat a snack in bed before going to sleep. My husband hates it.
17. My favorite Christmas cookie is the Thumbprint.
18. I really, really, really love ice cream.
19. I’m embarrassed to admit that when I was in college I ate peanut butter straight from the jar, had entire meals of pretzels dipped in cream cheese, and indulged in one too many Little Debbie snack cakes.
20. I won’t go near sushi. Or oysters.
21. I love having a glass of ginger ale during a flight.
22. I love chocolate.
23. The furthest I’ve ever run is one mile. (Junior high gym class, again!)
24. Not one of these ‘interesting’ things has been about cooking.
25. Here’s one: I’m a super messy cook. I spill things, drop things, splatter things.