It’s the holidays which means for most people (including myself) we are busy trying to get a lot of things done while trying not to forget anything. I try to do it all without getting stressed.
Yeah. That doesn’t always work. Thankfully Brette knows just the right time to do things like his swedish chef impersonation or encourage Lily to give me a bath with kisses. It helps – you should try it.
Here’s what’s going on in my life and my head right now.
- I had a semi-flop last night for Gourmet Dinner Club. I managed to salvage most but not my best dish. I hate it when that happens.
- On the brighter side, I left with a jar of homemade zucchini relish and a capon carcass. Score!
- I’m cooking lobster tonight for 6 people. I’ve never cooked a lobster.
- My friend, Susan, taught me how to hypnotize this lobsters this morning. She rocks.
- I have no idea what I’m making for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or my family’s Christmas on 12/26.
- I’m not done Christmas shopping, though I do feel like I have a major chunk complete. Go me.
- Our neighbors like me because I make them cookies. And probably because I’m asleep by 10 most nights.
- Brette shot a deer last weekend and we spent an evening butchering. We are one with the deer and the first meal it provided was awesome. My freezer is very happy.
- Butchering is more fun with a glass of wine or a Maker’s Mark.
- I need to work on my race calendar for 2011. Anyone know of a good spring half marathon?
- I’m finally going to see some of my sisters and my mom tomorrow. The weather looks like it might actually cooperate.
- I have a new cookbook that has not been opened. I’ve had it for 2 weeks.
- Brette put together a Christmas card (yay!), but I can pretty much guarantee it won’t go out before Christmas.
- I’m incredibly lucky to have awesome friends and a kick butt family. That’s what the holidays is really about and what I’m trying to stay focused on.
Okay, enough bullet points for today. I have lobster to prepare for.
How are you handling the craziness of the holidays?